Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Live from Bethlehem - in Parksville

While taking a well needed break for my body to recover from all the ultra running I did this year I've been able to do some Christmas holiday activities. Yesterday my wife, Olivia, my son, Andre, his girlfriend, Fiona, and I, attended Bethlehem Live, at the Parksville Baptist Church. We arrived about 45 minutes before the doors opened and there was already a line up, but we didn't have to wait long. Soon we were ushered inside by Roman centurions, who said we had to go the Bethlehem to pay our taxes. See the video below documenting the experience.

It was encouraging to see all the local volunteers in costume, acting the roles of various village residents. The fish, and meat products the venders had on display were all real, so you could get a sense of what the village would have smelled like. Ewwwh! I'm glad they were baking fresh bread to balance out the scents.

No comments: